Comfort ride in Cappadocia
For autonomous riders, who want to discover the beauty of Cappadocia.
Leaving from the ranch between Urgup and Ortahisar, in the heart of the national park, the progressive trail takes you around Cappadocia. From the peasants' Cappadocia of the south to the most beautiful valleys of the north, a succession of fantastic rock formations, lush canyons, high plateaux, steppe-like landscape, along with vineyards and orchards, compose a surprinsingly varied route. On the way, the villages reflect the Anatolian way of life while frescoed churches and other troglodytic treasures testify of the rich past of the area. Our itinerary takes place entirely within the national park.
Accommodation is in charming hotels in Cappadocia's prettiest villages, in front of which your horses are spending the night (see dates and details below).
The rider can choose between 2 kinds of accommodation : (See below for more infos)
- or in “standard” room
- in “deluxe” room (+ 400 € extra charge)
It is possible to include during the week a hot-air balloon flight over Cappadocia's surreal landscape at sunrise, as well as a Turkish bath experience (steam bath and massage at Urgup's traditional hamam at the end of the week).
The Comfort trail is for autonomous riders, who want to discover the beauty of Cappadocia !
- The riders won’t lead their horse on long walks uphill or downhill ; only on few rough passages where they need to dismount from the horse and a short walk in the morning before getting in the saddle.
Dates & conditions
Dates 2023 :
April 09 – 16 : 1500 €
April 23 – 30 : 1700 €
May 07 – 14 : 1700 €
May 21 – 28 : 1800 €
June 04 – 11 : 1400 €
July 09 – 16 : 1500 € COMFORT SUMMER
July 23 – 30 : 1500 € COMFORT SUMMER
August 13 – 20 : 1500 € COMFORT SUMMER
August 27 – September 03 : 1400 €
September 10 – 17 : 1700 €
September 24 – October 01 : 1700 €
October 08 – 15 : 1700 €
This progressive trail in guestouse is confirmed when we have received a minimum of 2 bookings
The basic price includes :
- 5 riding days and an half, 7 nights on double, twin or triple room
- The loan of a horse and riding equipment
- English speaking guides (1 per group of 8 or less)
- Nights and food accommodation full board
- Regular transfers between local airports and hotels
The basic price doesn't include :
- International flights
- Optional activities (Hot air balloon, hammam, Open Air Museum of Gorëme, swimming pool)
- Extra drinks
Horse riding level
- The difficulty of this trail is 3/4
- Riding level: confident intermediate to advanced riders.
To take part of all our trails, you must have a competent riding level to be able to stay in control during group canters on forward-going horses, ride or lead your horse on technical passages, get on or off your horse several times a day alone and groom, tack and untack your horse without assistance.
- Good physical condition is essential.
Rhythms of the trail :
- 5 and an half riding days
- 5 hours on horseback each day, except day 4 (ride in the morning and afternoon at leisure in Uchisar)
- 28 kilometres (average) each day
- Pace: mostly walk, with opportunities for trots and canters each day
Maximum weight :
Riders' weight on the progressive trail is limited at 85 kg (on riding clothes). Riders upper 85 kg, could book with extra charge, for the loan of a second horse. This option is only on demand, it will depend of the horse riding level of the rider and the availability of our horse.
Riders's contribution :
Riders are in charge of their horses ; they will be asked to tack and untack their horse, to water and feed their horse and to take care of their horse equipment.
Depending on availability, guesthouses are located in Urgup, Ayvali and Uchisar.
You will stay in picturesque, comfortable hotels located in ancient stone houses or in renovated cave houses, typical of the local architecture.
You will have the time to visit Cappadocia's nicest villages and experience the legendary Turkish hospitality and the Anatolian way of life.
Food and accomodation:
- 7 nights in double/twin room with ensuite toilets and shower.
- Most guesthouses offer internet access and a laundry service.
- Lunch is taken in different restaurants and snacks, you will taste local specialities.
- Dinner and breakfast are taken at the hotels. Hotels serve Anatolian cuisine for dinner comprising a starter, one or two courses and a dessert. Vegetarian menu on request. Tea, coffee and mineral water are included.
- Cappadocia wine, local alcoholic drinks, beer and soft drinks are available as an option.
- Your luggage will be transfered by our logistics vehicle. You should pack several, lighter bags rather than one large, heavy suitcase.
Standard or Luxury ?
2 kinds of accommodation are available :
- Luxury (+ 400 € per week)
Rider can choose between these 2 options.
Hotels are very close to each other. Dinners will be taken all together, but not the breakfast. Nights 1, 2, 7 in the town of Urgup ; nights 3, 4 in Ayvali, nights 5, 6 in Uchisar
- IN STANDARD ROOM :
- IN LUXURY ROOMS :
Single room supplement (full week) : 245 € (Standard) / 370 € (Luxury)